Associate Director, Finance, Facilities, & Administration
POSTING NO.: 93913
SALARY RANGE: Min.: $91,100 Mid.: $113,984
HAY POINTS: 725
DEPT/DIV: Real Estate
SUPERVISOR: Director, Real Estate Operations
LOCATION: 2 Broadway
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
Responsible for the overall financial and administrative functions of the MTA Real Estate and Facilities department. Responsible to provide oversight and management of multiple long term sophisticated agreements which generate revenue in excess of a billion dollars. Responsible to oversee the operations of the Real Estate finance group and all financial matters related to property management agreements including financial reporting, funding requests, budget development and contractual analysis. Under the general direction of the Director Facilities Support and Operations oversee contract work force engaged in the maintenance and repair activities and the procurement of maintenance contracts with multiple 3rd party office buildings totaling over 2 million square feet and the Madison Ave properties. In conjunction, with Director, Real Estate & Director, Operations oversee the department’s personnel decisions and actions for job creation, posting, and filling.
- Manage three direct reports and oversee the operations of the Real Estate Finance group, including financial reporting, budgets, payables and receivables
- Directs the staff and activities of the building maintenance and custodial operations at locations managed by the 3rd Party Property Manager, under the direction of the Director, Facilities Operations and Support
- Under the direction of the Director, of Facilities Operations and Support, Inspects ongoing work projects to assure compliance with specifications, codes and in place maintenance contracts
- Provide technical advice and assistance to employees on work order requests to ensure compliance with building standards and ensure budgetary dollars are in place
- Work closely with facilities department regarding all financial matters related to the property management agreement including overseeing all financial reporting, funding requests, budget development, and contractual analysis
- Oversee the financial management of complex real estate transactions including but not limited to The Westside Yards Project, Fulton Street Transit Center, Columbus Circle, and Transit Wireless
- Work closely with the Director of Real Estate & Director of Operations, on personnel decisions including, position creation, posting, and filling
- Review financial budgets in conjunction with approved contracts, review and approve invoices and back up for payments to vendors in conjunction with agency chargeback spreadsheets for reconciliation
- Respond and act accordingly to all building complaints and tenant requests.
- Oversee the lease administration of the various MTA Leases to ensure that all rent obligations are met and compliance with all lease provisions
- Analyze reconciliations, identify existing and potential problems, and develop detailed solutions for presentation to senior management
- Coordinate all audits for the Real Estate Department with both internal/external auditors.
- Work closely with MTA Corporate Compliance to oversee MTA Real Estate’s internal control process
- Ensure that all documentation is submitted to the Office of the State Comptroller in compliance with all applicable laws and executive orders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
A strong understanding of the development, monitoring, and testing of Real Estate Internal Controls
In-depth comprehension of audit principles and processes.
Ability to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
Strong financial and strategic planning skills which require the ability to develop, maintain, and monitor budgets.
Excellent interpersonal skills capable of interacting effectively with colleagues and clients in a collaborative, matrix organization.
Ability to interrupt complex real estate agreements and implement processes that ensure adequate financial management.
Extensive knowledge of tenant management systems (Yardi preferred) and high competency with MS Office applications required, particularly Word and Excel (experienced with advanced excel functions including pivot tables, v-lookups, and Macros).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Master’s Degree in Real Estate/Business Administration/Engineering Discipline or related field preferred.
A minimum of seven years of experience in financial management and/or accounting.
A minimum of five years of experience in facilities management responsibilities including preparation of budgets, accruals, reforecasts and reporting budget variances.
A minimum of three years of supervisory/managerial experience.
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $97,448 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
Please visit: ****OR
Please visit ****Select jobs at “MTA Headquarters” and search by the Job Opening Number 93913.
MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
management: 7 years