McLean, VA, United States
Jun 30, 2021
Requisition ID: 121702
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Build Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Infrastructural Facilities Project Manager in our growing design build group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Facilities Design Department, which includes architectural, structural, geotechnical, civil, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, electrical and is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure related buildings projects.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk.
Our construction-focused engineers and architects work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support. Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of Woodcliff, NJ. Remote work from other Kiewit offices is possible.
• Leads and manage technical teams for assigned design disciplines during a pursuit or final design projects
• Responsible for completion of project design tasks within engineering or architectural disciplines, in accordance with project design criteria and project management plans
• Ensures Kiewit's Standard Operating Procedures are communicated and followed
• Controls cost of the design and all engineering services
• Manages quantities and constructability throughout the design process for assigned design discipline
• Has the flexibility to work within multiple design discipline
• Monitors and reports progress against design schedule
• Partners with design discipline lead and construction estimator/superintendent to meet project objectives
• Mentor junior staff with technical and professional development
• Design quality management plan champion for the engineering design team
• Develop project budgets, schedules and staffing plans for KIE final design projects
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Structural Engineering with a focus on transportation related facilities.
• Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer with ability to obtain in other states as the project may require.
• 10 years of related experience in delivery of design-build and/or P3 projects in both the pre- and post-award phases. At least five of these years in the Project Manager/Design Manager position with project management responsibility on large complex multidisciplinary projects.
• Experience in delivery of infrastructure transportation project sectors (rail & transit, aviation and ports) is desired.
• 5 or more years of managing a design team of at least 5 or more
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic and willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Ability to travel as business requires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.