Job Title:Facilities Electrical Engineer – Systems Engineering
Description: **General Description**
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is in partnership with ManpowerGroup for their recruitment efforts. Please follow the link below to apply and a ManpowerGroup recruiter will connect with you on next steps: https://goo.gl/uR6nNN Candidate will be a Facilities Electrical Engineer that is self-motivated to produce quality improvements and innovative engineering support within the group. The Engineering duties of the group are demanding with growing focus on safety, incident elimination and equipment maintenance. The System Engineer will focus on developing programs to improve the management and visibility of the electrical distribution system. Responsibilities:
* Utilize Systems Engineering and system knowledge to predict and prevent system disturbances.
* Consults with customers to understand requests & needs; communicates with customers about feasibility of requests & timelines.
* Design, engineer, support and implement capital improvement projects as per site specifications and national and local codes.
* Develop innovative projects focused on improving the visibility and operation of the electrical distribution system.
* Writes & modifies code; creates code in a logical manner that is easily understood by others. o Monitors systems/servers/databases after software releases & responds to alerts. o Troubleshoots basic system/server/database issues, traces problems & provides solutions.
* Understand the National Electric Code, building codes and industry electrical standards.
* Communicates technical information within the department through presentations.
**Necessary Skills / Attributes**
* Bachelor's/Master’s degree in related field or Electrical Engineering/Power Systems.
* Minimum three years of systems engineering experience.
* Basic knowledge of industrial engineering principles and/or Electrical Power Systems.
* Professional Engineer license or FE/EIT a plus.
* Experience working at an industrial manufacturing facility such as a semiconductor manufacturing plant.
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of several programming languages (i.e. SQL, Oracle, Object Oriented, PL/SQL, UNIX, Java, C Sharp, Curl, .Net).
* Basic knowledge of the wafer fabrication process.
* Ability to analyze large volumes of data, identify issues and provide solutions to closure.
* Able to influence up, down, and across the organization to create change.
* Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills; recognize 3rd & 4th order effects of a catalyst event.
* Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Must be able to coordinate and communicating technical information to and from all levels of the organization.
* A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
* Proactive and self-driven approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. SAS produces digital LSI logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. In August, 2012, SAS invested $4 billion to accommodate full System LSI production, bringing our total investment in Austin to more than $17 billion. With 2400 employees and 2.3M square feet of space, SAS is producing a full range of design rule devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at their highest performance.
*Category:* Manufacturing Technology
*Full-Time/Part-Time:* Regular Full-Time
*Location:* , Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas, Austin Texas
Website : http://www.samsung.com
The component businesses of Samsung Electronics come together as Device Solutions. As a leading company in the global electronics industry, Samsung Electronics has one of the widest product ranges of key component businesses Memory, System LSI and LED, which compose essential parts of the company's well-balanced business portfolio.