The Project Manager plans, initiates, and manages outside plant and wireless engineering projects. Leads and guides the work of technical staff and ensures the quality of their work. Serves as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plans project stages and assesses business implications for each stage. Monitors progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. Analyzes employee performance and provide feedback, guidance, training and encouragement in order to impact results.
Essential Job Functions:
* Defines project schedules to plan and coordinate project activity and deliverables in accordance with customer due dates and deadlines.
* Manages the activities associated with the project including QA and rework, as well as the success of that project from initiation through customer delivery.
* Provides reports on staff utilization across projects.
* Ensures that assignments are completed on time and that written documentation is prepared.
* Provides technical coordination and leadership for staff.
* Contributes on fiber, wireless, and outside plant design concepts.
* Drives productivity and quality. Mentors the team and offers training opportunities for discrepancies found in work packages to ensure quality packages are delivered and meet our customers standards.
* Works directly with engineers and QA team to manage the technical aspects of a project making sure that project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
* Ensures projects are securely delivered and fulfills expectations of both the customer and Triage protocol.
* Manages client relationship and facilitates customer meetings as needed providing status of work as well as discussing the quality of deliverables submitted to ensure we continue to deliver quality packages.
* Attends meetings with engineering management to discuss and review work schedules, resource utilization, and quality issues should any arise.
* Works to identify opportunities for enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
* Contributes to provide quotes for the purpose of building wireless sites, microwave hops and other required wireless work
* Maintenance of accurate financial records and ability to prepare clear and accurate reports for informational, auditing and operational use.
* Analyzes complex financial data and extracts and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and to project a financial probability.
* Assists with negotiating new contracts for developing work.
* Creates and maintains monthly and quarterly project objectives.
* Execute smaller work orders for outside plant facilities design including fielding, engineering, and permitting
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Education and Certifications:
* Bachelors degree preferred, preferably in Telecommunication, Engineering or related scientific discipline.
* PMP certification a plus, but not required.
* Prior Experience:
* Minimum of ten years project management experience.
* Minimum of five years in outside plant design of copper and fiber optic facilities, in aerial, underground and direct-buried applications required.
* Minimum of three years in people management required.
* Technical Skills:
* Knowledge of OSP telecommunication engineering and construction methods and procedures.
* Knowledge of PMI principles.
* Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and other specialty engineering software systems.
* Skills and Abilities:
* Detail oriented with strong organization and communication skills.
* Effective process management skills.
* Excellent delegation skills.
* Problem solving/analysis.
* Positive attitude, demeanor and ability to work with others.
* Results driven.
* Financial Management.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Use of computer and office equipment. Performs all administrative functions expected at this level. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to sit. The team member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an individual in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of individuals assigned to this role.
About Triage Partners:
Triage Partners provides innovative, technology-enabled services and a highly skilled, quality driven workforce to globally recognized companies. We start by finding the most highly-skilled, certified workforce for the job. Then we manage our services with our proprietary software to streamline workflow and deliver business intelligence. In doing so, we are able to find new ways to solve potential challenges and identify opportunities for greater efficiency because we know your success is not just about working harder, it's about working smarter.
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits programs, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, company-sponsored life insurance and short-term disability, other supplemental insurance plans, Health and Dependent Care FSA, and paid time off.
To apply for this role, please visit our company website: