Reporting to the Facility Services/Conversions Management team, the Facilities/Conversions Supervisor provides guidance and oversees the facilities crew and/or conversion crew staff. He/she will assist in supervising the changing of the arena floor setup for each event. Facilities Supervisor will also follow directives from Facilities department managers and other departmental managers; train workers to utilize a variety of tools including but not limited to; sockets, wrenches, hammers, drills, impact wrenches, Allen wrenches, and screwdrivers. Part of your responsibility will include the successful completion of arena projects and assignments and checking in with immediate supervisor to report updates prior to clocking out.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to work required shift(s) any day of the week.
• Lift heavy weights, stand and move on your feet for long periods of time
• Follow directions and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to train staff in basic functions of job.
• Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Serve as a mentor/coach to all Facilities crew members.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Effectively communicate escalated employee issues to Facilities managers. Work with department managers and Human Resources to resolve employee issues in a timely manner.
• In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Ability to multi-task and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with employees at all levels.
• Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task or another, without the loss of efficiency of composure.
• Follow all operating policies and procedures at all times
• Maintain company confidentiality
• Other duties as assigned
• High school Diploma or equivalent required
• Job related training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities preferred.
• Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with good communication skills.
• Conversion or change-over experience required.
• Must have the ability to read, write, and understand English in a working environment.
• Ability to submit to a criminal background check, employment verification, and drug testing.
• Ability to represent the Facilities Department in an exemplary manner.
• Ability to maintain good business relations with all employees & managers in other departments.
• Ability to exhibit maturity by making sound judgment.
• Ability to memorize, re-collect, and quickly retrieve relevant information.
• Ability to perform in crisis and to work under pressure without the loss of composure.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, lift up to 50lbs, reach, pull, push, grasp, and drag.
• Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from the Barclays Center for scheduled shifts. Parking will not be provided.
• Must have legal right to work in the United States.
• Tasks are performed with moderate supervision.
• Walking and standing occurs 90% of the time (4-6 hours per shift)
• Ability to lift 50 or more pounds
• Employees may be scheduled to work positions located outside
• Employees may be scheduled to work until 12:00am or later
• Employee should use precautions and follow safety guidelines
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. AEG may ask to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Barclays Center rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of company facilities. Employees who violate these rules and regulations are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The Barclays Center and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
Website : http://www.aegworldwide.com/
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, owns, controls or is affiliated with a collection of companies including over 100 of the world's preeminent facilities such as STAPLES Center (Los Angeles, CA), Sprint Center (Kansas City, MO), Citizen's Business Bank Arena (Ontario, CA), O.co Coliseum (Oakland, CA), Oracle Arena (Oakland, CA), Valley View Casino Center (San Diego, CA), American Airlines Arena (Miami), Best Buy Theater (Times Square, NY), Verizon Theatre (Grand Prairie, TX), Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Las Vegas, NV), Target Center (Minneapolis, MN), BBVA Compass Stadium (Houston, TX), Allphones Arena (Sydney, AU), MasterCard Center (Beijing, China), Ahoy Arena (Rotterdam), Ericsson Globe Arenas (Stockholm), Qatar National Convention Centre (Doha), O2 World Hamburg, O2 World (Berlin) and The O2, a 28-acre development located in the eastern part of London along the Thames River which includes a 20,000-seat arena and over 650,000sf of leisure and entertainment use which are all part of the portfolio of AEG Facilities; AEG Merchandising, a full service merchandising company; and AEG Global Partnerships, responsible for worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships naming rights and other strategic partnerships.