The Facility Manager role position is accountable for cultivating and maintaining optimal client relationships through Integrated Facility Solutions (IFS) management for a designated site in a cost-effective manner. Also responsible to positively impact account gross profit redemption, client reports, quality control, customer satisfaction as well as up-sell opportunities for all ABM service lines. Individual is responsible for delivering a high level of customer service through the timely completion of work orders assigned to ABM service groups. The oversight for this role entails, but is not limited to: mechanical and HVAC systems maintenance, janitorial, minor electrical maintenance, plumbing, drywall, painting, general furniture tasks, special event and meeting setups, preventative maintenance tasks and inspections as well as overseeing projects and sub-contracted work.
1. Ensures optimal customer relations by maintaining constant communications with site stakeholder. Provides high quality operations and maintenance service to assure proper performance of engineered equipment and building systems
2. Acts as primary liaison for all site-specific client stakeholders, actively ensuring that service is prompt, responsive, and effective and that inter-departmental concerns are addressed and resolved efficiently
3. Provides regular monthly KPI’s and analysis to client and ABM management team. Presents ad-hoc status reports as necessary to keep meet client’s needs to help reduce risk and ensure smooth operations
4. Provides appropriate data and supporting narrative for Client Business review (CBR) meetings with client encompassing all ABM services and sub-contracted work
5. Prepares, recommends and administers with assistance from National Account Director, the annual ABM service budget. Reports exceptions and adjusts budget as necessary
6. Complies with client and ABM corporate policies (personnel, accounting, technical service, safety and health, ethical conduct, etc.) communicates to subordinates and ensures subordinate compliance.
7. Ensures that federal, state and local regulatory requirements are met including DER, OSHA, EEO, ADA, etc.
8. Schedules and coordinates all work priorities for ABM staff and sub-contractors
9. Recommends what work should be performed in-house and what work should be subcontracted; consults with leadership and/or external technical resources when making decisions on major changes in service offerings
10. Ensures that reactive and preventive maintenance activities are appropriately balanced; monitors current and deferred maintenance backlogs; adjusts priorities and/or resources as needed and ensures that deferred maintenance is adequately documented
11. Reviews completed work regularly and ensure that quality standards are met or exceeded to the satisfaction of the client
12. Helps to negotiate major service contracts (e.g. snow removal, window washing, fire alarm system, elevators, etc.); reviews and approves smaller service contracts delegated to subordinates; consults with ABM corporate/regional technical staff as appropriate
13. Escort and guide subcontractors around client site as required to complete outsourced maintenance tasks
14. Monitors service contracts to ensure compliance; addresses and resolves any contract disputes with aid of leadership
15. Manages ABM purchasing program; approves major purchases; audits purchasing delegated to subordinates
16. Reviews and approves invoices on a regular basis and processes to accounting for inclusion on monthly invoice
17. Ensures that staff receives adequate technical, administrative and other training; participates in training individually
18. Monitors staff overtime and absenteeism against ABM standards and implements corrective measures as necessary when either exceeds acceptable standards.
19. Manages staff in accordance with ABM employee relations philosophy and policies; hires, terminates, recommends salary changes, conducts performance appraisals, counsels and disciplines as necessary; communicates and administers ABM personnel policies
Job duties may be modified at any time
Essential Job Functions/Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or similar field experience
3-5 years’ experience in facilities management, preferably exposure to Integrated Facilities Services (IFS)
A collaborative leadership style that emphasizes openness and fairness
Desire and ability to advance the company’s mission in delivering best-in-class integrated facility services that deliver measurable results to our client
Must possess a high sense of urgency tempered with strong attention to detail
Desire and ability to provide savings at all levels, maximizing our client’s investment in building systems and critical assets while capturing significant energy savings through operational excellence.
The ability to represent all ABM service lines and work effectively with its many stakeholders, including the client’s management team, municipal leadership and other governmental bodies
A commitment to continually improve the performance of ABM Onsite services
Demonstrated commitment to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discriminatory practices
General office environment
Possibility of exposure to Boiler Operations environments
Some exterior/outside environment
Reports to the National Account Director, but interacts with client directly on a daily basis
Supervises 3-5 Direct Reports and has oversight to roughly 25 onsite resources
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)