HCA Holdings, Inc
Facility Supply Chain Technician
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- The Supply Chain Technician is responsible for receiving, keying, and promptly distributing all supplies within the facility, as well as reviewing and maintaining all Min/Max levels for storeroom safety stock as well as all other stocking locations. The Supply Chain Technician is also responsible for conducting physical inventories of all POU areas according to the defined schedule.
- Director of Supply Chain
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Deliver supplies in an accurate and timely manner
• Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug containing devices relative to core competencies of the position
• Place safety stock in proper location
• Receive expedited deliveries, accurately key receiving into the SMART system, and deliver to appropriate department(s)
• Receive all cross docked items into the SMART system as appropriate
• Review Min/Max for storeroom safety stock daily and place orders appropriately
• Count par level areas (POU areas) weekly according to schedule
• Ensure POU items have the appropriate barcodes
• Perform QA random checks on totes per approved policy
• Rotate stock in POU areas and backup storeroom areas to ensure no items are out of date
• Check after-hour logs for charges and determine how to avoid reoccurrence
• React appropriately to POU critical point messages and stock outs
• Process all returns to vendor or returns to backup stock appropriately
• Provide assistance to the POU Station personnel as well as provide assistance with problems, questions and concerns at the nurses stations
• Handle all emergency supply situations
• Rotate on call as appropriate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and external parties
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
High school diploma or GED is preferred
Previous stock clerk experience is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS -
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time; sitting for short periods of time. Requires ability to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, bend, stretch and reach frequently. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires ability to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate reports through written and verbal means. Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 lbs. Work may be performed in an office, patient care areas, as well as, a stockroom/supply room environment. Work may be stressful at times. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA CATEGORY -
The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
HealthTrust Supply Chain's roots are in the hallways of some of America's top-performing hospitals. Join our organization and our team as we strive to provide our customers with a top quality operation. HealthTrust offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.