• Develops moderately complex conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the architectural phases of buildings, equipment installations, utility systems and grounds.
• Reviews architectural designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials. Communicates problems and issues to others for resolution. Integrates the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, outside consultants and government agencies.
• Reviews civil/structural designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials. Facilitates the implementation of moderately complex improvements in asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability; to specify configuration of new assets in order to support reliability programs.
• Communicates problems and issues to others for resolution.
• Reviews electrical designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials. Integrates the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, outside consultants and government agencies.
• Ensures accuracy of drawing archives/libraries by reviewing contractor redlines. Identifies errors and documents construction changes to comply with regulatory requirements, facility standards, and record retention requirements.
• Manages or supports construction projects by providing input on vendor selection; reviews contractor proposals; interfaces with government/regulatory agencies; monitors project progress and vendor/consultant performance.
• Prepares and presents project information to ensure compliance with applicable construction documents and jurisdictional requirements and to meet project objectives.
• Produces or procures detailed design documents. Uses appropriate resources to produce project drawings, specifications, and permit application packages in accordance with project parameters. Coordinates designs. Reviews and approves documents.
• Translates customer requirements into design options with documents and estimates. Identifies appropriate materials, equipment, and services by applying engineering principles and methodology. With limited supervision, develops and updates design standards and site-specific operating procedures in order to establish common practices.
• Provides input to strategic, short-term, and long-term infrastructure planning; completes studies; analyzes current conditions and future requirements; recommends capital improvements; gathers and analyzes data; and works with both internal and external customers in order to identify and assess alternatives and impacts.
• Translates customer requirements into conceptual design by analyzing intended use/occupancy and desired aesthetics, conducting code research, developing preliminary design elements, determining interdisciplinary engineering support requirements, estimating resource costs/requirements, identifying materials, equipment, and services, and developing initial project schedule in order to establish project scope in response to customer requirements.
• Plans, manages, and executes projects. Leads a team of stakeholders in the acquisition and modification of assets to enable the customer to achieve the defined business objectives in accordance with company and accounting policies.
• Manages project expenditures within authorized budgets.
• Creates, maintains, and communicates project management information.
• Assists in the creation of contract scope.
• Ensures suppliers comply with all contract obligations. Interprets and analyzes applicable regulations, standards, codes, and ordinances with respect to project requirements. Offers project alternatives in order to assure compliance.
• Provides support, as required, to secure permits.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree and typical experience in Electrical Engineering
classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results, reaching erroneous decisions or making recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Interacts frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers. Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.