At our facilities, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Take a look at what some of our team members have to say about being a part of John Randolph Medical Center. Be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else!
John Randolph Medical Center is a community hospital serving Virginia's Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and surrounding communities since 1915. At our hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger medical centers, alongside high-quality, expert care and a welcoming environment.
The Assistant Director of Facilities Management serves as the facility Safety Officer leading emergency planning and safety regulatory compliance actions, plans, organizes, and coordinates the activities of the Security department and assists in planning, organizing, and coordinating activities within the Facilities Management department and PBX to provide services, repair and maintenance necessary to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the hospital and to maintain a comfortable physical environment for patients, employees, medical staff and the public in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, budgetary requirements, and applicable local, state and federal building, safety and hospital codes.
* Serves as hospital Safety Officer
* Represents hospital in the community and maintains relationships with emergency agencies
* Assists in oversight for the Security, Facilities Management and PBX departments
* In director's absence, directs Security Facilities Management and PBX departments
* Actively participates in regulatory survey events
* Directs specific activities of Facilities Management such as special events, renovations, and construction
* Leads environment of care efforts
* Active in departmental quality and performance improvement activities
* Assists in oversight of the proper function and maintenance of the building and equipment, as applicable
* Serves and participates on committees and task forces as required
* Oversees appropriate staffing if required by Director
* Assists in recruiting, selection, and orientation of staff
* All other duties as assigned
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of Hospital Plant Operations Supervisory and Environment of Care experience required
Hospital experience and ASHE certification preferred.
Must be versed in Joint Commission standards.
Education: Bachelor Degree is preferred in either Facilities or Business related field