Job Title Facilities Engineer
Location: Northridge, CA, 91325, USA
Northridge, California, United States
Apr 20, 2018
**Careers That Change Lives**
The Facilities Engineer works with Facilities team, maintenance contractors, and key stakeholders in a manufacturing environment to plan, coordinate, and execute maintenance activities and building system upgrades with minimal impact or disruption to manufacturing activities.
The Diabetes Group is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care, and improving outcomes so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
**A Day in the Life**
- Responsible for assisting in the design, construction, maintenance, reconfiguration, and validation of all facility utilities including, but not limited to: Controlled Environment Areas; plumbing; HVAC; electrical; water purity; clean dry air; compressed gases; vacuum; sterilization; machinery; buildings; structures; and other facilities at both point of use applications and distribution systems including all necessary services, monitors and ongoing documentation.
- Utilize the Building Automation System to identify potential equipment faults and opportunities for energy efficiency upgrades to building systems.
- Assist in the oversight of shared service providers that support the business such as security, janitorial, and landscaping
- Ensure department projects and processes comply with all regulatory requirements in a cGMP environment and are compliant with internal Quality System requirements
- Assists in the inspection of building fire life safety systems.
- Assists in the review, updating, and execution of the site business continuity plan.
- Interacts daily with internal customers to ensure the Facilities department meets customer service related goals.
- Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
- Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
- Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
**_To be considered for this role, the following minimum requirements must be evident on your resume._**
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience OR Masters/advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with HVAC/R, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing systems.
**Nice to Have**
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline preferred
- Experience with Building Automation Systems and Computerized Maintenance Management Software.
- Experience with fire life safety systems and Reg IV testing
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical, plumbing blueprints.
- Experience supervising or managing cross functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Experience with statistical process control
- Experience with computer software (word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-managed performance
- Team player able to work with multifaceted team
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Lets work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients lives. Help us shape the future.
**Physical Job Requirements**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel up to 10%
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:***************************************** is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.medtronic.com/
Medtronic, Inc. manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Cardiac and Vascular Group, and Restorative Therapies Group. The Cardiac and Vascular Groups products include pacemakers; implantable defibrillators; leads and delivery systems; ablation products; electrophysiology catheters; products for the treatment of atrial fibrillation; information systems for the management of patients with cardiac rhythm disease management (CRDM) devices; coronary and peripheral stents and related delivery systems; therapies for uncontrolled hypertension; endovascular stent graft systems; heart valve replacement technologies; cardiac tissue ablation systems; and open heart and coronary bypass grafting surgical products. The Restorative Therapies Group offers products for various areas of the spine; bone graft substitutes; biologic products; trauma, implantable neurostimulation therapies, and drug delivery devices for the treatment of chronic pain, movement disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), overactive bladder, urinary retention, and fecal incontinence and gastroparesis; external insulin pumps; subcutaneous CGM systems; products to treat conditions of the ear, nose, and throat; and devices that incorporate advanced energy technology. It also manufactures and sells image-guided surgery and intra-operative imaging systems; and provides Web-based therapy management software solutions. The company serves hospitals, physicians, clinicians, and patients in approximately 140 countries. Medtronic, Inc. was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.