Facility Maintenance Technician
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
$18 to $25 Hourly
Dental, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Better Work. Better Life- We are here to assist you with finding your next career!”
Our client, who is onsite at a major facility here in San Antonio, is looking for a Facility Operations Technician to join their team. They are looking for someone with a 'go getter' attitude that is not afraid to solve problems and come up with solutions. Someone that possesses a driven attitude and is willing to prove themselves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides the hands-on operation and maintenance of critical facility equipment and processes in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Ensures that operational, maintenance and emergency methods of procedure (MOPs) are developed and strictly adhered to.
· Gain full knowledge and understanding of site specific mechanical systems.
· Gain full knowledge and understanding of site specific electrical systems.
· Creation of site specific MOPs, SOPs, and EOPs as required by customer.
· Training of FSS technicians on mechanical and electrical systems and best practices.
· Assists in the development of a training program to ensure Critical Facility Technicians are crossed trained on all mechanical and electrical systems,
· Manage facility projects, produce facility reports and administer facility support systems.
· Works directly with the customer and/or FSS support staff to identify and troubleshoot as necessary to isolate the root cause of problems.
· Monitoring and maintaining all building systems and mission critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with the raised floor environment.
walk-throughs of customer facility in support of data center and office operations are performed.
· Oversight of the performance tests and rounds, and analyzes the data to assure the proper functioning of equipment.
· Ensure the performance of preventive maintenance on all building equipment is completed within the allotted schedule.
· Assist, as necessary, with scheduling of preventative maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimal disruption of building services.
· Coordinate maintenance with outside vendors and oversee vendor maintenance.
· Respond quickly to emergency situations and customer concerns.
· Ensure strict adherence to critical facility work rule and safety procedures.
· Attend customer meetings as required.
· 1 to 8 years of critical facility experience including Data Center experience.
HVAC Certified or experience required. The client is open to individuals that just received the cert and has handyman experience
· Expert hands on electrical, mechanical and monitoring systems skills.
· Experience writing MOPS and other technical reports and procedures.
· Experience with adherence to critical facility work rules and safety procedures.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Solid customer relations skills and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to make independent decisions.
· Knowledge and experience using basic computer skills.
· Clean Driving Record.
Commercial HVAC Experience/General Maintenance
Needs to be very presentable
Will be covering Data Critical Facility
Must be mechanically inclined
Jeans/Workboots- Company shirt will be provided
4-12s every week open 24-7 365 a year
No company vehicle will be provided
PPE is onsite
Manager is on site-will be reporting to Supervisor and Jr. Supervisor
Pay range is $18-25 per hour
Benefits for employee are 100% paid for by company; discounted insurance for family
2 weeks vacation every year
¿ Operate and maintain critical and non-critical building infrastructure, equipment, and systems
¿ Work with a team of CFTs to deliver total availability (100% uptime) while minimizing risks
¿ Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as a tool to manage all planned and unplanned service work
¿ Perform preventive maintenance on building electrical and mechanical equipment
¿ Assist with the development, revision, and execution of all operating procedures and preventive maintenance inspections, and perform quality control reviews to ensure accuracy, clarity, and continual improvement
¿ Assist with the development of building standards and policies when necessary
¿ Resolve all electrical and mechanical issues within the building quickly while minimizing risk and properly communicate issues to the appropriate chain of command
¿ Respond to emergencies and critical issues as necessary and work independently and as a team, according to staffing and situation, towards complete recovery
¿ Troubleshoot and document technical issues, escalates as appropriate, and ensure issue resolution
¿ Assist with planning on all corrective issues
¿ Maintain accurate facility data including, rounds, PM work orders, change management, etc.
¿ Maintain strict adherence to change control activities
¿ Manage assigned workflow tasks in order to provide timely turnaround
¿ Escort and work effectively with outside contractors, ensure they are abiding by critical facility work rules
¿ Participate in facility training programs on a regular basis
¿ Work shifts to support 24×7 building operation, and have flexibility in work hours to cover other shifts with proper notice
¿ Adhere to all federal, state, and local safety laws
¿ Complete other such duties consistent with your role as you may be assigned by management
Education or Equivalent Experience:
¿ High school degree, required
¿ Prior military or technical school training, preferred
¿ 1-3 years¿ experience in Building Operations, preferred
Electrical or mechanical license, preferred
San Antonio, Texas 78251