Facilities Maintenance Technician
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Privately owned 12 story commercial building; full benefit package; competitive salary;”
Responsible for overseeing all routine maintenance efforts and managing activities for the upkeep of the facility(s) including hands-on custodial and maintenance activities. Work with HVAC vendor to maintain system - HVAC experience required. Supervise any general contractor hired to assist with renovations, new construction or any modifications to the existing facility(s). Resolves problems as they arise whether directly or by assembling teams to solve those issues.
Principal (Essential) Duties
1. Develop maintenance schedules and log of maintenance of all
2. Coordinate and respond to all emergency calls for maintenance.
3. Schedule all building inspections: HVAC; generator; fire protection; elevator; fire pump; and roof;
4. Oversee all maintenance and repair of HVAC systems in facility; monitor HVAC controls and adjust set points as needed; perform routine HVAC system preventative maintenance work; change filters; drain and fill cooling tower for season change;; switch from AC to heat when seasons change; adjust individual tenant modulines as needed; check dampers; determine HVAC system problems and make recommendations for repair; review and evaluate the quality of HVAC contract vendor work
5. Proactively and routinely inspect facility(s) to ensure they are safe and determine if maintenance is needed.
6. Perform routine maintenance in 24 restrooms, including plumbing, i.e. unclog sinks, toilets, change flush parts, fix toilet seats, fix and replace toilet paper holders using power tools;
7. Develop and maintain systems to track work orders, monitor expenditures of the unit, and evaluate performance of facility(s)
8. Review and prioritize general maintenance work requests, including painting, carpentry, locksmithing, change and order light bulbs, ballasts; add fixtures, exit signs, plugs, switches and coordinate electrician when required;
9. Plan, schedule and coordinate major repairs and remodeling or construction projects with outside contractors, vendors and suppliers
10. Oversee roof maintenance program; accompany roof inspections and be aware of condition of roofs; clean roof gutters and drains.
11. Maintain clean parking lot; line parking spaces as needed; coordinate parking and snow removal
12. Maintain all sidewalk areas, including replacements of bricks and snow removal, as needed
13. Coordinate building cleaning; window cleaners and all vendors for repairs.
14. Operate fire alarm system for annual fire drills.
1. Perform smaller scale tenant tasks/requests (e.g. change light bulbs, ballasts; add fixtures, exit signs, plugs, switches, and coordinate electrician when required
2. Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to start or shut down equipment when needed (elevators; fire alarm system, etc.; sprinkler system; guardian security system)
3. Coordinate and be present for all tenant moves and coordinate parking for same.
4. Place orders for all building supplies: paper products, trash bags, salt;
5. Issue elevator cards and replacements to tenants
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Technical skills (i.e. strong HVAC, electronic, plumbing, fire control)
2. Ability to comprehend and evaluate bids from contractors and read blueprints.
3. Ability to develop and maintain accurate and efficient recordkeeping systems and procedures.
4. Computer skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and electronic mail applications, preferably of Microsoft Office Suite software.
5. Knowledge of facility and grounds to be maintained
6. Knowledge of maintenance procedures
7. Knowledge of systems to be maintained (e.g. Electrical, HVAC, roofing)
8. Ability to create a maintenance schedule, troubleshoot
9. Managing multiple Priorities
10. Project Oversight and Management
11. Excellent customer service and communication skills, including ability to analyze and interpret the needs of tenants and offer agreeable solutions
12. Strong organizational skills to prioritize requests and ensure completion in a timely manner
1. Management experience preferred
2. Minimum 5/10 years in maintenance field
3. Degree in facility management or related field preferred; High School Diploma (Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for preferred education)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
1. Perform light work – exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently
2. Have ability to lift heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs. when needed
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis to meet organizational needs. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
960 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222