Glaxo Smith Kline
Mechanical Engineer - Facilities
- Requisition ID: WD******
- Position: Full time
- Open date: May 14, 2018 6:43 PM
- Functional area: Engineering
Zebulon, North Carolina
- Required degrees: Bachelor of Engineering
- Experience required: 5 years
- Relocation: No
To execute the major elements of the site Facility Engineering Strategy and provide mechanical engineering expertise to the Zebulon site within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, project managers, validation specialists, and sub-contractors. This role provides technical knowledge in the mechanical engineering discipline for the support of site facility systems and infrastructure. This includes providing engineering design and construction expertise, ensuring that systems and field work is done in accordance with engineering drawings, specifications and GSK design guides and providing troubleshooting support when needed.
- Plans and implements the design, installation, maintenance of mechanical systems and infrastructure such as HVAC, Chilled water, Steam, Air, USP, & other bulk gas/liquid distribution systems. Understands the functionality and design of these systems and can support facility maintenance in troubleshooting / issue resolution.
- Provides subject matter expertise in mechanical engineering to other Project Managers/project teams and supports larger projects as an individual contributor. This includes providing input during design reviews and ensuring submitted designs meets the GSK and local standards.
- Investigates and solves technical problems that involve equipment and processes that affect product quality and equipment reliability. Works with appropriate parties to investigate all adverse equipment and facility related events. Ensures robust corrective actions are in place to prevent recurrence of problems.
- Plan and manage small projects, including all aspects of the project delivery process from scope definition, justification and planning to completion / closeout. Responsible for assuring an outcome which meets all of the defined project objectives including safety, quality, cost, timelines and business benefit.
- Identify, contractually engage and performance manage engineering firms, vendors, equipment manufactures and construction contractors to support the project delivery.
- Coordinates the work of external construction contractors, vendors and manufacturers and ensures design and construction meets regulatory codes and standards as well as GSK standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful completion of commissioning, turnover and closeout activities, including acceptance testing, training, corrective work.
- Review, generate, and assist others with project documents ensuring technical accuracy and cGMP compliance (ie. FRS, SDS, Change Controls, Commissioning, Validation, SOPs, Maint. Plans, FATs, SATs etc.)
- Interface and partner with the GSK community of Shared Services, Centers of Excellence and other
- sites to contribute, share, and leverage technology and maintain standards as appropriate.
- Ensure that systems and processes are continuously improved by performing routine GEMBAs and process confirmations, and performing problem solving.
- Utilize and continuously improve towards the goal of Zero accidents, Zero defects and Zero waste.
- Provide subject matter expertise during regulatory inspections and interact with auditors as necessary.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering Discipline w/ demonstrated mechanical engineering expertise.
- 5 years of engineering experience in mechanical engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and FDA requirements.
- Knowledge of facility / plant systems and infrastructure (i.e. HVAC, Chilled water, Steam, Air).
- Very knowledgeable on the principles of Validation.
- Technical knowledge across multiple areas; mechanical, electrical and controls to fully understand overall system designs and functionality.
- Capable of reading and interpreting ISA standards, P & IDs, instrumentation and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Excellent in MS-Office, MS-Project, SAP and AutoCad.
- Ability to work well under pressure within tight timelines.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate initiative and analytical problem solving skills - ability to use and interpret data to drive decision making at both tactical and strategic level
- Demonstrate teamwork, personal effectiveness, customer focus, and decision making skills.
- Engineering in Training is preferred.
- Lean Sigma / Green Belt Certification desired.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, around 100,000 employs, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R & D centers in the UK, USA, Belgium and China. We have more than 27,000 people in global manufacturing and supply (GMS), across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-************ (US Toll Free) or 1 ************ (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSKs commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSKs compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSKs Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Glaxo Smith Kline
Website : http://www.gsk.com/