Facility Maintenance Technician in Dearborn
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
SUMMARY STATEMENT/POSITION OVERVIEW
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting ,and repair of all site-wide equipment in order to maintain the operations of a just in time automotive assembly operation. The position requires attention to details and accuracy within good documentation practices. The ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, evaluate, and repair site-wide equipment is critical to the success of this role within the maintenance department.
* Perform routine, scheduled, unscheduled, and corrective maintenance for all equipment.
* Lead troubleshooting and evaluation of equipment for assigned region.
* Evaluate equipment failures for methods or procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
* Interface with Operations Support for any issues relevant to plant performance.
* Use a computer based maintenance management system.
* Repair and/or replace defective parts dealing with motors, controllers and other industrial systems.
* Utilize safe work methods; adhere to safety regulation; various codes, ordinances and regulations.
* Fabrication and modification of new and existing equipment
* Properly use drill press, grinder, hand tools and other power equipment to complete assigned tasks.
* Other maintenance tasks including some facility maintenance activities.
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS (List specific skills required but not defined in Description)
* High level attention to detail.
* Methodical approach to troubleshooting and project management.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Self-motivator; ability to work independently under general guidance and direction.
* Ability to independently learn systems and processes associated with the role.
* Welding experience preferred
* Basic Mechanical Knowledge
* Prefer experience operating Forklift & Boom Lift