California State University, Sacramento
Facilities Planner/Project Manager
Administrative Analyst/Specialist Ex I
This position provides technical and administrative support to the Director, Facilities Planning and Construction Services. This position assists in the coordination of the Five Year Capital Improvement Program and oversees the Space and Facilities Database. This position assists in the management of Capital Outlay projects primarily in the conceptual and programming phase including initial scoping, budgeting, and scheduling.
Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Classification Salary Range
$3,897 - 6,453 monthly
$3,897 - 6,453 monthly
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent?
Regular or Temporary
Full Time or Part Time
Monday - Friday 7:30am-4:30pm; other hours as required
Facilities Management is the steward for the University buildings, infrastructure, grounds and landscape. We perform maintenance and renovation to facilities, plan and manage new building construction and support the Redefine the Possible initiative through our commitment to building a welcoming campus and by creating a dynamic physical environment for students, faculty, staff, and the community.
Our responsibilities include master planning, capital planning, design & capital project management for the University.
(please use the apply button below)
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
1. Two (2) years project experience with public works or higher education construction.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
2. Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
3. Knowledge of or ability to comprehend policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty. Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
4. Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
5. Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
6. Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications.
7. Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
9. Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
10. Ability to write technical project reports and planning documents
11. Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
12. Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Acrobat
13. Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management, or similar
14. Experience in UC or
planning, design, or construction projects
15. Knowledge of California Building Standards Code
16. Proficiency in
Is Background Check Required
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S..
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Conflict of Interest
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit (please use the apply button below).
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information for%2....
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit (please use the apply button below).
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
First Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
For questions regarding this search, contact:
(see application details)
California State University, Sacramento
Website : http://www.csus.edu
Sacramento State is a vibrant metropolitan university that is among the largest campuses in the California State University system. We enroll a multicultural student body of 30,000, and graduate about 6,000 students each year. Despite our size, quality teaching in small classes remains a top priority. Students enjoy personalized attention from their professors, as well as extensive research and internship opportunities in Sacramento, the heart of California government.